Overview | Commercial | SJVN Limited

Projects Overview


Hydro Projects under Operation & Maintenance

SJVN Ltd. a joint venture between Govt. of India and Govt. of Himachal Pradesh is operating and maintaining hydro power stations viz. Nathpa Jhakri Hydro Power Station (NJHPS) of 1500 MW (6X250 MW) and Rampur Hydro Power Station (RHPS) of 412 MW in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The RHPS is a tail race extension of NJHPS and is operating in tandem with generation flow of NJHPS. The units of NJHPS & RHPS were synchronized one by one and the projects were declared under COD on 18.05.2004 & 16.12.2014 respectively. NJHPS and RHPS are designed to generate 6612 MU & 1878.08 MU of Annual Electrical Energy respectively, in a 90% dependable year with 95% machine availability. Besides, the projects are designed to provide peaking power to the Northern Grid.

The Power generated from these projects is being supplied to the various Bulk Power Customer / Beneficiaries / Utilities in Northern Region as per the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) and allocation order issued by Ministry of Power, GOI. Out of the total energy generated from NJHPS, 12% is supplied free of cost to the home state i.e. Himachal Pradesh. From the remaining 88%, 25% energy is supplied to GoHP at bus-bar rate as an equity power and balance power was allocated to different states / UTs of Northern Region by the Ministry of Power, Government of India. Similarly, energy generated from Rampur HPS, 13% is supplied free of cost to the home state i.e. Himachal Pradesh. From the remaining 87%, 30% energy is supplied to GoHP at bus-bar rate as an equity power and balance power was allocated to different states / UTs of Northern Region by the Ministry of Power, Government of India

Allocation of Power:

Name of Projects Nathpa Jhakri Hydro Power Station (NJHPS Rampur Hydro Power Station (RHPS)
Sr. No. State

Allocation (MW)

Percentage to the installed capacity (%)

Allocation (MW)

Percentage to the installed capacity (%)

1. Haryana 64 4.27 17.11 4.15
2. Himachal Pradesh 547 36.47 172.66 41.91
3. Jammu & Kashmir 105 7.00 29.35 7.12
4. Punjab 152 10.13 23.16 5.62
5. Rajasthan 112 7.47 31.81 7.72
6. Uttar Pradesh 221 14.73 56.68 13.76
7. Uttaranchal 00 0.00 43.59 10.58
8. Chandigarh 08 0.53 - -
9. Delhi 142 9.47 - -
10. Unallocated quota 149 9.93 37.64 9.14
Total

1500

100

412

100

Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs):
Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) have been signed with all the Bulk Power Customer / Beneficiaries / Utilities of the respective projects, as per following details:

Sr. No. Beneficiary State Duration of PPA (years)
Nathpa Jhakri HPS Rampur HPS
1. HPPC Haryana 35 35
2. GoHP Himachal Pradesh 35 35
3. HPSEB 40 35
4. PDD, J&K Jammu & Kashmir 5* 35
5. PSPCL Punjab 35 35
6. AVVNL, JVVNL & Jd VVNL Rajasthan 35 35
7. UPPCL Uttar Pradesh 35 35
8. UPCL Uttranchal 35 35
9. UT- Chandigarh Chandigarh 35 35**
10. TPDDL, BRPL & BYPL Delhi 35 Not Allocated

* PDD, J&K signed the PPA for NJHPS for the period of 5 years and renewing it after every five years.
** For unallocated Quota.

Tariff:

Tariff for NJHPS & RHPS is determined by CERC based on the Tariff Regulations and its amendment issued from time to time. The sale of power from the generating stations is billed to the Bulk Power Customer / Beneficiaries / Utilities as per the Regional Energy Accounts (REA) issued by Northern Regional Power Committee based on instructions / allocation given by MOP, GOI from time to time.

Operational Performance:

The year wise operational performance of Nathpa Jhakri HPS (NJHPS) & Rampur HPS (RHPS) is as follows:

Sr. No. Financial Year Gross Energy Generation ( MU) Capacity Index/ PAF (%)
NJHPS RHPS NJHPS RHPS
1. 2005-06 4104.422 - 69.189 -
2. 2006-07 6014.481 - 92.366 -
3. 2007-08 6448.977 - 96.671 -
4. 2008-09 6608.691 - 96.083 -
5. 2009-10 7018.810 - 98.552 -
6. 2010-11 7140.205 - 98.318 -
7. 2011-12 7610.257 - 104.262 -
8. 2012-13 6777.777 - 105.150 -
9. 2013-14 7192.553 - 105.750 -
10. 2014-15 6838.125 1257.469 105.504 95.967
11. 2015-16 7313.784 1983.398 104.679 99.592
12. 2016-17 7050.622 1960.367 104.963 102.267
13. 2017-18 7207.666 2014.925 102.053 102.082
14. 2018-19 (upto 31.10.2018) 5365.419 1506.837 103.095* 103.147*

* PAF may be revised on receipt of final REA from NRPC

Renewable Energy Projects under Operation & Maintenance

Charanka Solar Power Project

Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)

The project has been conceived and developed under REC Mechanism. The PPAfor brown power has been signed with GUVNL at a tariff of Rs 3.22/unit fixed for a period of 25 years w.e.f. 31.03.2017. The green component of power (i.e. RECs) are being traded at power exchange.

Operational Performance

The year wise operational performance of Charanka Solar Power Project is as follows:

Sr No.

Financial Year

Gross Generation in MU

1

2017-18

6.566

2

2018-19

4.035(up to 30.11.2018)


Khirvire Wind Power Project

Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)

The project has been developed under Feed-in-Tariff regime and the PPA for power has been signed with MSEDCL at a tariff of Rs 5.81/unit for 53 WEGs and Rs. 5.70/unit for 3 WEGs fixed for a period of 13 years respectively.

Operational Performance

The year wise operational performance ofKhirvire Wind Power Project is as follows:

Sr. No

Financial Year

Gross Energy Generation (MU)

1

2013-14

3.48

2

2014-15

42.27

3

2015-16

50.38

4

2016-17

35.00

5

2017-18

52.76

6

2018-19

36.54 (up to 31.07.2018)


Sadla Wind Power Project

SJVN’s 50 MW Sadla Wind Power Project comprising 25 WEGs of 2 MW each is under advanced stage of construction. The PPA for power has been signed with GUVNL at a tariff of Rs 2.43/unit for 38 MW for a period of 25 years.




Go to Navigation